Saturday, August 10, 2013


 Soap Swap August 2013

 This is the soap I made to send in to the Brambleberry soap swap.
I am so excited to see the soaps that I get back!

I wanted to make something really special. 

After careful planning, I set out to make a slab mold style soap with pretty flowers all over it.
I picked "Grass Stain" Fragrance oil by Brambleberry.



Cold Process Soap Gone Wrong, then turned into a Masterpiece.

My first mistake was making a Cold Process Soap Recipe that had too many 'Hard Oils" in it.
The soap began to trace very quickly!
I alternated colors and I glopped it into the mold.

At that point I had to 'whip up' another recipe to top it with.
I used a recipe with lots of soft oils and very little solids.
This allowed me to do the entire 2nd batch with squirt bottles.

I started by pouring a thin layer of natural color soap on top.
I made sure to pour enough natural base color so that the dots would kind of 'float' when I added them.
 
I alternated colors, and made random 'dots' all over the surface of the soap.
Then I added random dots on top of the first dots.
Dots inside of dots inside of dots inside of dots.

I did this, until the 'dots of dots'  were almost over lapping each other.
Then I used a wooden skewer, and I dragged the colors, from the outer most dot towards the center.
By dragging the outside dots through the inside dots, you create the look of flower petals.

As a final touch, I sprinkled the top with cosmetic grade glitter.
They looked really cute once they were cut.
The cuts being through the flowers added to the design.
You can buy the ingredients to make this soap at my web site




If you would like a step by step Instruction on how to make this soap, please check back.
This was made with 2 soap recipes.
Jody Meier :)

No comments:

Post a Comment